APTEP is a technology and education ONR initiative in the Asia-Pacific regions
APTEP is based on three fundamental pillars
Education and Workforce – Research & Technology – Business & Marketplace
The APTEP mission is to increase awareness, promote commerce and partnerships in sustainable energy solutions for the Asia-Pacific countries, where affordability, local maintainability, and cultural compatibility are key design factors
Education & Workforce
- Address need for future clean-tech workforce;
- Map the K-20 grade level STEM Pipeline;
- Develop energy outreach programs to promote and sustain interest in STEM;
- Promote development of innovative learning programs in STEM topics related to clean-tech.
Research & Technology
- Research, develop and evaluate U.S. technologies applicable to Asia-Pacific regions;
- Establish partnerships with Asia-Pacific research organizations;
- Evaluate alternative energy at test-bed sites across Hawaii as models for environmental and climate diversity in Asia-Pacific regions.