2016 Cohort Portfolio
The Energy Excelerator provides customized resources to energy innovators to help Hawaii and the world solving the energy challenges.
Funding source: Office of Naval Research is one of the funding agencies supporting the Energy Excelerator program.
Here the startups of the 2016 cohort
- Lastwall – Cloud‐based platform protecting companies against cyber‐crime – Go-to-Market – Lastwall is focused on bringing real-time risk and fraud analysis methodologies and technologies, extensively used in large enterprises like banks, to the cloud.
- Autowatts – Go solar online – Go-to-Market – Autowatts allows homeowners to skip the solar sales pitch and go solar online in just minutes. Their automated platform can calculate system requirements, explain the value proposition, offer and arrange finance options, and coordinate local installation;
- Edisun Microgrids – Simple Concentrated Solar Power – Demonstration – Edisun Heliostats has developed and is currently creating a commercial, micro-scale Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) technology with integrated energy storage referred to as Combined Solar and Storage (CSS) technology;
- SheerWind – Low cost, high performing wind power generation systems – Go-to-Market – SheerWind is an energy technology company that has developed INVELOX, an innovative wind power generation system that significantly outperforms traditional wind turbines. This unique, patented, funnel technology captures, concentrates, and accelerates wind energy.
- Blue Pillar – Centralized energy management platform for single & multi-site facilities – Demonstration – Blue Pillar is a leader in energy management solutions for single and mulitsite facilities. Their solution inventories equipment and optimizes load profile design to right-size distributed energy resources that may be added to the energy system;
- Growing Energy Labs Inc. (Geli) – Software & business solutions for energy storage systems – Demonstration – Geli addresses a critical gap in the energy storage vendor ecosystem – a software platform to integrate the development process with guaranteed system performance;
- UtilityAPI – Universal application programming interface for energy data – Go-to-Market – UtilityAPI’s software gathers and cleans data so it’s easy for new energy companies to complete customer proposals, finance their projects, and manage their customers after installation.
- GOmeter – Water usage monitoring & conservation without smart meters – Go-to-Market – GOmeter turns traditional water meters into smart water meters using their camera-based device. Residents and businesses can monitor their water usage without going through the intrusive process of installing smart meters;
- WaterSmart – Customer engagement for water utilities – Demonstration – WaterSmart is leading the pack in water efficiency and data analysis space by transforming utility consumption data into a water use efficiency and customer engagement program.
- T-REX – Valuation & risk analysis tools to unlock investment into renewable energy assets – Demonstration – T-REX is a finance technology company that specializes in analytic tools for analyzing and investing in renewable technology assets.
- Carbon Lighthouse – 10x cheaper, whole-building energy efficiency – Demonstration – Carbon Lighthouse has developed a proprietary software and process to deliver energy savings 10x more cost effectively than traditional methods offered. The heart of the Carbon Lighthouse solution is a network of sensors that are deployed throughout a commercial or industrial building’s mechanical room and roof;
- PlotWatt – Energy management via machine learning – Demonstration – PlotWatt is a cloud-based disaggregation software company that utilizes proprietary algorithms to translate smart meter data into actionable insights for end customers;
- Pono Home – Home Efficiency: Delivered – Demonstration – Pono Home offers a comprehensive greening service that recommends and implements steps toward a more energy and water efficient home. In addition to providing a comprehensive energy and sustainability audit, Pono Home handles the implementation of efficiency improvements.